Like you, we have had to react to the Covid-19 pandemic, and this has meant that we have had to come up with alternative plans for our awards and events.
The Go:tech Awards is one of the region’s most well-respected celebration of tech and innovation success and its November event is now a permanent fixture in the diaries of business leaders, entrepreneurs, and professionals.
To ensure we continue with the event – but respect the current situation – a new schedule and timelines of milestones has been launched.
This is as follows:
- Entries now close on September 11
- Judging will then take place ‘virtually’ or in person where safe to do so
- The finalists will be announced in November
- The winners will be revealed at a virtual event in early November
- February/ March 2021 the finalists, winners and sponsors will come together for a celebration dinner
The Business Leader team feel it would be irresponsible to expect you to attend the dinner as usual this September and feel that this process maintains for spirit of the event and allows for businesses looking to enter, sponsors and judges to still benefit from the process.
Reacting to Covid-19
We also understand that not every business is in the mood for celebration right now but also feel that awards present an opportunity for leaders to demonstrate their hard work and success and reward their staff, during both good and bad times. Considering this, we have made changes to our categories to reflect the current mood of the region and have also launched a new ‘Business Hero’ category which you can enter here.